Bright and beautiful, caprese skewers are an easy, clean, and a simple party pleaser. The technique of skewering food makes almost any combination ingredients look like a work of art! In addition to being mess-free, caprese skewers are a great way to create individualized portions for guests, especially when there is a large crowd and you’d like to serve some non-family style dishes. I am almost always surrounded by people, friends, colleagues, assistants, family and this simple recipe saves me the usual – I can’t think of what to serve the crowd – kind of hassle.
Caprese salad on a stick? Might sound a little unusual, but believe me, the contrast of vibrant colors, delicious taste and quick prep will have you making another batch of caprese skewers in no time!
Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Sauce
– 1 ½ cups balsamic vinegar
– 8-12 ounces GALBANI fresh mozzarella cheese balls
– 2 boxes cherry tomatoes
– 2 tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
– 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– ½ tsp. salt
– ¼ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1. Place balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan and cook over medium low heat, until the vinegar has reduced to less than half the original amount, approximately 20-25 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, toss together mozzarella cheese balls, full grape tomatoes, basil, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. On each skewer, alternate one tomato and one mozzarella ball. Drizzle caprese skewers with balsamic reduction. (Note: For prettier plating, add additional basil leaves to skewer.)
Comment and let me know your caprese skewers turned out, I’d love to hear feedback.
If you are in search of some more finger-food ideas, check out my delicious recipe for Vietnamese Spring Rolls.