Welcome to the world of Dasha Runic, a young and motivated businesswoman, founder and director of The Social Formula, a fully running, digital marketing agency with HQ in Belgrade, Serbia. She manages my digital team and I can tell you firsthand, she is on top of everything. Also, Dasha happens to be Rea’s best friend from Serbia so it was a good starting point because it is hard giving over control of your life – every single important password – to a stranger. She is an example of a successful female entrepreneur with real advice on starting a new business.
OCCUPATION: Owner and founder of The Social Formula
1. Brief introduction about yourself – where are you from, what do you do, a unique thing about yourself that one wouldn’t expect.
Hello! I am Dasha, I am a businesswoman, I own a digital marketing agency in Belgrade, Serbia.
Our job is to make sure the online presence of our clients is on-point. This includes web design, website maintenance, social media management, content creation, online ad management, SEO and more.
Additionally, personally, I provide consulting services in brand management, digital marketing and strategies, overall.
A unique thing about me which really motivates me, that people do not know, is making small businesses grow into great brands. Providing advice on starting a new business, guiding companies along the way and seeing them prosper.
2. The top 3 most influential moments in your life that taught you valuable LIFE/BUSINESS lessons.
- I did a year of traveling while working on random jobs. This helped me get to know myself better, meet people with different backgrounds and learn how to make a living, to become a businesswoman.
- Love and invest in yourself, spend time acquainting with yourself.
- Listen to people, find out if your idea – brand/service is well-accepted, whilst following your instincts. Finding a balance between the two is essential.
3. What stage is your business in?
The Social Formula is profitable, up and running since February 2016. 4. What are your top 3 accomplishments in 2018?
- In 2018 my business was chosen as the Serbian start-up of the year by The US State Department and The German Marshal Fund, YTILI program, among 69 other fellow entrepreneurs from Europe and Euro-Asia.
- The Social Formula was accepted into the coolest Business Incubator and Co-working space in Belgrade – The Science Technology Park, so we were very happy and proud to move our offices there.
- Learning to be grateful each day for all our achievements and lessons learned.
5. What are your specific goals for 2019?
In 2019 we are going to:
- Work more with the US market, as now most of our current clients are based in Europe and the Middle East.
- We will do more SEO and e-commerce as the market requires this nowadays.
- I will personally do more business consulting in digital marketing and strategies as a freelancer.
6. Greatest business advice.
You can recognize a future successful businesswoman by a spark she has in her eyes as she talks about her ideas. It’s called passion. Starting a new business is challenging but the final, positive outcome outweighs the initial challenge.
7. Boss BITCH moment – when did you lose your shit and had to apologize to save face?
There is not a specific moment I would share, but it happened a few times, when people were rude or arrogant and misunderstood our willingness to meet all client expectations, taking for granted our kindness. I try my best not to be resentful. It is always destined to bring out bad energy again.
8. How do you grow your business?
Word of mouth. I have to admit this is one of the things I am most proud of – as it means we are doing a good job and I am leading the team well as a good businesswoman. We also engage with agents who serve as our ambassadors in several countries. Starting a new business relationship is always a driver.
9. Family is complicated – who is your biggest ally?
My brother is my guardian angel.
10. What is your non-negotiable ‘me time’?
Sports and spending time with loved ones.
Favorite Movie: This is a difficult one but let’s say “The Fifth Element” – I love it since I was a child.
Favorite Color: Burgundy
Favorite Food: I love fish, Asian food, and Serbian homemade dishes. Don’t even get me started on desserts.
Favorite City to Travel to: Greece where I spent my student days.
Favorite Charity: I think saving our planet should be priority for us all nowadays. Change.org has some interesting petitions I participated in.
12. Relationship Advice?
I don’t think advice works on this matter.