I love me a good fresh kani salad, and I order it frequently at Japanese restaurants, but often I’m disappointed. This is such a refreshing salad, perfect as a light lunch or as a side served with the main dish at dinner and this ingredient combo is my personal favorite. It’s a new staple in my menu when I host an Asian themed dinner. Pair it with my corn salad, miso cod, chicken lettuce wraps, teriyaki salmon, or my peanut sesame noodles. Plus, it’s super healthy and definitely unexpected and a different addition to your menu.
Fresh Kani Salad
- Half a cup of Surimi (fake crab)
- 1 mango, peeled and julienned
- Half a bag of shredded carrots
- 5 mini cucumbers, peeled and julienned
- Half a bunch of scallions cut into 1/8 to 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of spicy mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon of ponzu sauce
- 2 lemons, juiced
Mix surimi, carrots, cucumbers, and mango. Toss with dressing right before it is served. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions and serve. Enjoy!