Elizabeth Sutton Collection
Studio Address | Long Island City, NY 11101
Many works of art betray the hand of the artist. Elizabeth Sutton’s work, however, tells of the mind of the artist. Her compositional signature is a strong undercurrent of mathematical proportion and algorithmic color placement. Nothing is accidental; everything is intuitive. For Sutton, process is paramount and it begins with a survey of surface and dimension. Working through each concept as if solving a puzzle, she strives for balance, never leaving unexamined the precise nuances of her creative subject. With a strong background in mathematics and business, Sutton’s exacting process aims for a perfection that yet unfolds organically, creating pieces that are simultaneously unique and consistent in their compositional equilibrium. The work itself exhibits her skillful precision, eye for balance and decorous flow alongside her clients’ personal predilections and tastes. That’s why each piece speaks to the personalities of both its creator and customer. And with a nod to pop and a dash of kitsch, Sutton creates compositions that are focused on enlivening spaces and uplifting spirits. Sutton believes that her compositions find engaging the viewer with organizational complexity while simultaneously entertaining with whimsy.
Elizabeth Sutton (b. 1989, New York, NY) is a millennial “mom-preneur” and visual artist and designer who has taken the nouveau arts scene by storm. In 2016, Elizabeth was selected to participate in the NYDesigns incubator program, exhibited at both the Affordable Art Fair & Hamptons Designer Showhouse, and was featured by Bravo’s “Million Dollar Listing.” Her work has been featured in Entrepreneur, Arch Digest, Arch Digest Spain, The New York Post, Time Out Magazine, Haute Living, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and more. Elizabeth’s philanthropic endeavors range from the nationally-recognized 92nd Street Y to United Hatzalah, Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, and Lenox Health Greenwich Village, for which she’s raised hundreds of thousands of dollars. In 2017, Elizabeth participated in the Arch Digest Design Show and New York Design Center’s “What’s New What’s Next,” as well as hosted a fundraising event for ArtStart, which the Executive Co-Director described as “by far the most successful event” in her time with the organization. In 2018 Sutton launched a capsule collection with Bari Lynn Accessories for Bergdorf Goodman, which was subsequently picked up by Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus and Harrod’s. In Fall 2018, Sutton partnered with Joe & The Juice in locations across New York City, in support of The Art of Elysium. In Summer 2019, Elizabeth was commissioned to paint the 180ft square deck of the Manhattan Park Pool. Elizabeth’s tile collection for Tilebar is a two time award collection, from Architectural Digest and HD Expo. In Fall 2019, Elizabeth also launched her first leather collection along with her lifestyle blog. Most recently, Elizabeth launched a collaboration with Janovic, the largest paint supplier in New York, curating 5 exclusive color palettes, with her artwork wrapping 5 large buildings in New York City and featured on 18 bus shelters. In 2020, Elizabeth will be launching a huge collaboration with the luxury Eden Rock hotel in St. Barths, and will be featured there in a solo exhibition.
|2008 – 2011||Baruch College||New York, NY, BBA Magna Cum Laude, Marketing & Management|
|2016 – 2017||NYDesigns||Long Island City, NY, Incubation Program, Private Studio|
EXHIBITIONS & COMMISSIONS:
|2019||Holiday House||NYC, New York, NY|
|2019||Solo Exhibition||Eden Rock, St. Barths|
|2019||“Just Breathe” Solo Show for Art Basel||JCC, Miami, FL|
|2019||Solo Exhibition for Batsheva||Women’s Organization, The Plaza Hotel, New York, NY|
|2019||Solo Exhibition CHABAD||Philadelphia, PA|
|2018||Solo Exhibition Margit David Fashion Show||New York, NY|
|2018||Solo Exhibition Art Basel with Joe & The Juice||Wynwood, FL|
|2018||Joe & The Juice||Multiple Locations, New York, NY|
|2018||The Wall Street Grill||New York, NY (Fall 2018)|
|2018||Solo Exhibition||Joe & The Juice, Multiple Locations, New York, NY|
|2018||Group Exhibition||Achievement in the Arts Honoree, Women’s Gala at The Plaza, The Batsheva Organization, New York, NY|
|2018||Group Exhibition||Palm Beach International Art Fair, Palm Beach, FL|
|2017||Sushi of Gari 46||New York, NY|
|2017||Solo Exhibition||Saks Fifth Avenue, Miami, FL|
|2017||ESC x Barilynn||Accessories for Bergdorf Goodman, New York, NY|
|2017||Group Exhibition||‘Hustle Chic’ Popup Miami Art Week, Miami, FL|
|2017||Solo Exhibition||‘Hustle Chic’ Popup Greenwich Village, New York, NY|
|2017||Solo Exhibition||Gansevoort Market, New York, NY|
|2017||Group Exhibition||New York Design Center “What’s New, What’s Next”, New York, NY (Korts & Knight Showroom)|
|2017||Architectural Digest Design Show||New York, NY|
|2017||Lenox Health Greenwich Village||New York, NY|
|2017||The 92nd Street Y’s Spring Fundraiser||New York, NY|
|2016||Hamptons Designer Showhouse||Sag Harbor, NY|
|2016||The Affordable Art Fair||New York, NY|
- TileBar, Designed a variety of tile patterns, New York, NY, March 2019.
- Manhattan Park Luxury Rentals, Designed and Painted 8500 Sq Foot Pool Deck, Roosevelt Island, NY, May, 2019
- Blatt’s Billiards, Design and Handpainting Pool Table
- Altoona, designs used for disposable placemats, June 2019
- The Wall Street Grill, Window and Interior Installations, New York, NY (Fall 2018)
- Janovic, September 2019
- Eden Rock St. Barths, December 2019
- Eliko Rugs, Coming Soon 2020
- Andrea Bocelli, Los Angeles, CA
- Masatoshi “Gari” Sugio, New York, NY
- Kendall Jenner, Los Angeles, CA
- Kourtney Kardashian, Los Angeles, CA
- The Leiden Collection, New York, NY
- Meyer Orbach, New York, NY
- The Whitney Museum, New York, NY (Member)
- Exceed Network, New York, NY (2017, 30 Under 30 Honoree)
- Batsheva Organization, Women of Achievement (2018, Exhibition at The Plaza Hotel)
- P.O.W.E.R. (2018 Rising Star)
- Art Start, raised over $25,000 for this organization that provides art programs to underprivileged teens that have been affected by homelessness in NYC for the past 25 years, 2017
- United Hatzolah, donated painting “Ambucycle” for auction fetched $36,000 at Gala, New York, NY, May 2019
- Batsheva Organization, Chairwoman 2018-present
- 2019 JAFCO, Miami, FL
AWARDS & PANELS:
- Exceed Network “Under 30 Feature” New York, NY, May 2017.
- Batsheva Organization Gala Honoree celebrating the achievements of Jewish Women in art, fashion, music, and philanthropy, The Plaza Hotel April 2018
- Diva Moms “Mom Moguls Brunch” with Alexia Brue, Bari Lynn Erber, Bee Chang Shapiro, Gail Simmons, Jamie Stelter, and Randi Zuckerberg, Lord & Taylor Flagship Store, New York, NY, May 2018
- Batsheva Organization Gala Honoree celebrating the achievements of Jewish Women in art, fashion, music, and philanthropy, The Plaza Hotel May 2019
- P.O.W.E.R MAGAZINE “Rising Star Award” Manhasset, NY, May 2019
- Win Summit Panel “The Art of Negotiation”, The New York Athletic Club, New York, NY, May 2019.
- Architectural Digest Design Award Show “Best in Show Wall Treatment” for TileBar, New York, NY, May 2019
- IIDA The Commercial Interior Design Association HD EXPO, Best in Show Product Design Award in “Applied Finishes and Materials” for TileBar, Las Vegas, NV, June 2019
- Adducci, Kristina. “Art Zealous ICONS: An Interview With Artist Elizabeth Sutton”, ArtZealous, March 2017.
- Barragan Del Rey, Sara. “Una Piscina de Diseño Pop Art Con Vistas a Manhattan”, Architectural Digest Spain, July, 2019.
- Bazika, Natasha “The Woman with the Kaleidoscope Brain Could be the Next Andy Warhol” Haute Living April, 2019.
- Bernstein, Roberta. “Bright Young Things”, New York Post, vol. 12, November 2016, p. 47-49.
- Breaux, Adrienne. “An NYC Artist Starts Over in a Colorful Post-Divorce Apartment (With No Sign of Her
- Ex)”, Apartment Therapy, January 2018.
- “Exceed Network ‘Under 30’ Features Elizabeth Sutton”, Exceed Network, May 2017.
- Butenhoff, Zoe. “This Gorgeous Rainbow Pool is Open on Roosevelt Island for the Summer”, TimeOut June, 2019.
- Entreprenista Podcast, The. “Elizabeth Sutton – Art, Business, and Positivity”, April, 2019.
- Field, Hayden. “A Day in the Life of Contemporary Artist Elizabeth Sutton” Entrepreneur January, 2019. Fleisher, Zach. “The Dazzlingly Colorful Manhattan Park Pool is Back for the Summer” Untapped Cities June, 2019.
- Gianotti, Peter. “Kosher restaurant DOMA Land + Sea opens in Cedarhurst”, Newsday, October 2017.
- Henderson, Melissa. “Dinner With Artist Elizabeth Sutton”, Huffington Post, October 2016.
- “Million Dollar Listing: New York”, Bravo (NBC), 2017.
- Henderson, Melissa. “How This Artist Hustled to Get Her Work Poppin’ In New York”, Galore, February
- Miller, Gregory E. “NYC Island-Hopping Will Crank Up the Heat on your Summer Fun”, New York Post, May, 2019.
- “Million Dollar Listing: New York”, Bravo (NBC), 2017.
- “Olam in the Spotlight: A Trio of Colors”, JewishPress.com, 2017.
- Schweky, Frieda. “Elizabeth Sutton: A Story of Art and Success”, Sephardic.org, November 2017.
- Sears, Brady. “Elizabeth Sutton teams up with Art Start to raise awareness on teen homelessness”,
- Art Report, October 2017.
- Shoyer, Paula. “Mastering Parve Baking” (Savory Tomato Galette Image using tile designed by Elizabeth Sutton for Tilebar, Fleishigs, May/June 2019.
- Stamp, Elizabeth “This Vibrant Public Swimming Pool Gives NYC’s Concrete Jungle Some Much-Needed Color” Architectural Digest June, 2019.
- Sutton, Elizabeth. “How the Single Worst Tragedy in This Artist’s Life Made Her Figure Out How to Heal
- and Get Stronger”, Entrepreneur, August 2018.
- Warerkar, Tanay. “First look inside Greystone’s boutique West Village condo on a triangular lot”, Curbed
- New York, May 2017.
- Wiener, Yitzi. “’Network To Get Work’ Words Of Wisdom With Contemporary Artist Elizabeth Sutton”,
- Weinstein, Batsheva “Boss Babe Series Featuring Elizabeth Sutton” Sunnies & Sangria
- ThriveGlobal on Medium.com, May 2018. Wong, Nanette. “The Architectural Digest Design Show
- Unstoppable by Unleashed “#44: Elizabeth Sutton, Artist” May, 2019.
- Celebrates GIRL POWER at MADE”, Design Milk, March 2017.