Hello to all! I hope you and your family are safe, healthy, and staying as positive as possible during the bizarre times that we are going through during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) quarantine. I am officially starting a YouTube vlog, as a way of staying productive during this time. What can you expect from my YouTube channel and the ESC Brand for now?
My YouTube channel and blog will incorporate relevant resources for entrepreneurs and employees during this very scary Coronavirus time – information about crisis government programs, ways to collect unemployment, and funds set up for specific states. Tips will also be included with what you can accomplish for your brand and business during this quarantine time to remain productive, and overall keep your damn sanity. Keep in mind that we are all experiencing precisely the same thing, and the ones who will come out stronger from this quarantine are the ones who keep focused and remain positive, as best as possible. Use this unfortunate opportunity to execute marketing strategies which are free, and as many as possible. Take advantage of growing your social media forums – social media is free. In fact, Facebook is setting up a $100 million grant for small businesses to apply for free ads. Give back to the community anyway you can and generate positivity. People never forget good deeds, and God willing, when the economy gets back up, they will give back and help you and your business. For instance, I am going to begin offering free every day, downloadable coloring outlines, based on my original fine art paintings, suitable for both children and adults. I strongly suggest remaining as relaxed and busy as you can during the quarantine, as creativity is good for the heart, soul, and mind. Do you know that the only way I actually heal all my traumas is to try and keep occupied doing things I love? The Coronavirus is traumatic for everyone, so, get coloring and painting. All you need to do to access these FREE DOWNLOADS is to sign up for my newsletter.
My YouTube Channel and Instagram will soon have a variety of different content. New recipes, shared on my blog, as well as videos on YouTube. Since I am at home during the Coronavirus, I am slowly going back to my roots of cooking, coming up with economical and creative recipe concoctions. So keep a look out for my week by week menu, as recipes will be posted a couple of times each week. What’s more, to wrap things up, I will do some live Pilates instructional exercises. As some of you know, in my previous life, I got certified by Equinox in Pilates mat. Lastly, obviously, I will paint, paint and paint. Creating beautiful artworks filled with color and good vibes. My process is meditative to execute, but I’m also told it is meditative to watch, so follow along. I am currently working on a brilliant pattern, a multicolored peacock. She doesn’t have a name yet, but all suggestions are appreciated in the comments section below. My team and I will be coming up with a blog entry of exercises you can do with your kids at home during the Coronavirus quarantine, through full disclosure, I am doing art with them, teaching them cooking, dancing, giving them hugs and kisses, and then letting them binge on their iPads – NO MOM GUILT.
During the quarantine time I will constantly be sharing business advice and resources I have collected, thanks to a brilliant community forum of CEOs and entrepreneurs put together by PR and media guru, Ronn Torossian. It is actually my only way of staying in the know of relevant information during the Coronavirus because I avoid the news at all costs. It’s just depressing. I recommend that all entrepreneurs, just as representatives, teach themselves on the administration programs that are being made accessible. These will keep on accumulating as the Coronavirus circumstances increase, and I will attempt to stay up with the latest as could be expected under the circumstances. Also, recollect to JUST BREATHE. My show was obviously a hunch. Jk.
1. NYC: Employee retention grant program
2. NYC: Financial assistance for small businesses
3. Disaster Loan Assistance – U.S Small Business Administration: Federal Loans for Businesses, Private Nonprofits, Homeowners, and Renters
4. The NYS official website for unemployment assistance
5. This is a crowdsourced collection of resources for HR and business leaders to help inform and support Coronavirus response plans.
6. Harvard Business School was questioned about the coronavirus pandemic and its predicted prognosis for the business world
7. SBA: Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
8. SBA definition of a small business
NEW YORK CITY:
1. NYC: Small Business Continuity Fund
2. NYC: Employee Retention Grant Program – The City is offering small businesses with fewer than 5 employees a grant to cover 40% of payroll costs for two months to help retain employees.
Very helpful link: For people who have lost their jobs.
SMALL BUSINESS INTERRUPTION LOANS:
To provide continuity of employment through business interruptions, this provision would authorize the creation of a small business interruption loan program and appropriate $300 billion for the program.
The U.S. government would provide a 100% guarantee on any qualifying small business interruption loan.
Qualifying loan terms:
- Eligible borrowers: Employers with 500 employees or less (phased out)
- Loan amounts: 100% of 6 weeks of payroll, capped at $1540 per week per employee (approx. $80,000 annualized)
- Borrower requirement: Employee compensation must be sustained for all employees for 8 weeks from the date the loan is disbursed.
- Lender: U.S. financial institutions
- Streamlined underwriting process: Lender verifies the previous 6-week payroll amount and later verifies that the borrower has paid 8 weeks of payroll from date of disbursement.
- Authority for the Treasury Department to issue regulations establishing appropriate interest rate, loan maturity, and other relevant terms and conditions
1. Delays the deadline for state tax filing by 60 days for individuals and businesses unable to file on time based on compliance with public health requirements related to COVID-19 filings.
2. Employers statewide directly affected by the new coronavirus (COVID-19) may request up to a 60-day extension of time from the EDD to file their state payroll reports and/or deposit payroll taxes without penalty or interest.
3. The Senate passed a bill for paid sick leave for those with corona
4. Facebook is creating a $100 million grant for small business to receive free ad space. It appears the program is still in it’s infancy but sign up to receive more information and the program develops.
From the Department of Labor:
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update: The federal government is allowing new options for states to amend their laws to provide unemployment insurance benefits related to COVID-19.
For example, federal law allows states to pay benefits where:
- An employer temporarily ceases operations due to COVID-19, preventing employees from coming to work
- An individual is quarantined with the expectation of returning to work after the quarantine is over
- An individual leaves employment due to a risk of exposure or infection or to care for a family member
In addition, federal law does not require an employee to quit in order to receive benefits due to the impact of COVID-19.
Staff can apply for unemployment benefits while still employed, provided their reason for not working is listed above. The financial benefit of unemployment in NY is greater than if they applied for short term disability.